Search our news, events & opinions

19 May 2016 0 Comments
Posted in Medical Negligence

£350,000 recovered for patient who suffered brain injury due to a hospital acquired infection

Posted by , Partner

Partner Kerstin Kubiak successfully sued a hospital trust who had failed to ensure adequate hand hygiene procedures of hospital staff and who had failed to undertake a deep clean of a room previously occupied by an infected patient.

Our client been admitted to hospital for neuro surgery, involving pre operative telemetry, were wires are inserted into the brain to locate the exact location of epileptic seizures. Whilst the wires were in place a bacterial infection was acquired from an organism usually found in the gut. This infection took hold resulting in the need to debride the bone flap and tissue and also causing significant neurological damage due to inflammatory processes. Our client had resulting difficulties with memory, executive function, balance and sight. She was no longer able to work and required additional assistance in the home, she remained self-caring.

Leave a comment

Thank you for choosing to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that comments are moderated and please do not use a spammy keyword or a domain as your name or it will be deleted.

*required*

**required*

*optional*

Medical Negligence

Keeping you informed about Medical Negligence news, events and opinion.

Partner

T: 01225 730 207 (DDI)
Email

Search our news, events & opinions